Make: Daft Punk Helmet, Foundation Complete

28
Sep/09
4

The curved part of the helmet uses a traditional baseball helmet (no vents) that I cut and sanded to fit the paper framework. I ended up removing the entire visor portion of the baseball helmet since the position of the Daft Punk visor is actually significantly higher. I also made the helmet about 2-3 inches shorter along the bottom rim.

In addition to the thick paper that makes up the form, I used a thin foam board to better define the edges.

Then, hours of cutting and applying masking tape to connect the two together and form the right shape.

dp2

dp1

dp3

Now that the foundations is complete, I’ll be coating the entire thing in automotive Bondo. Then, lots and lots of sanding.

Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

No trackbacks yet.